Submitted by Jerry Racioppi on Fri, 02/10/2017 - 11:22pm
In December 2016, our members began the task of enhancing our Mission & Vision Statements by hosting a "Where Is God Calling Us" Sunday. In January 2017, after several drafts, the Vestry approved a final version of these statements, and during our February 5 Annual Meeting our new statements were adopted.
In 1928, an Episcopal priest knocked on the doors of the houses in Verona to find out whether there were enough Episcopalians in town to warrant the formation of an Episcopal church. Despite being hauled off in a paddy wagon for soliciting, the priest discovered that indeed a congregation should be formed.
The first small group of parishioners met on the second floor of a building on the corner of Grove Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue. From there, they moved to a storefront on Bloomfield Avenue, right next to the Peckman River. Both buildings still remain.