We're a caring community that supports its members and friends near and far through good times and bad.
Whether arranging to cook and deliver food to someone recovering from surgery, holding a prayer vigil for an ill member, or providing cake for a baby's baptism, the bonds among the congregation are sure signs of God's love working through us.
We are also a community who truly looks outside our walls for opportunities to serve. Through support of local programs like the Rescue Squad and Fire Department, St. Peter's Haven, Christine's Kitchen, St. Agnes Food Pantry, Diocese of Newark Prison Minstries (2018), Mark's Closet Bloomfield (2019), youth mission trips and our Annual Pet Celebration on the town green, we welcome opportunities to be the heart and hands of Christ. Much of this support is done through our annual Angel Tree outreach sponsored during the Advent Season.
Our most significant ministry includes the Holy Spirit Verona Food Pantry which is serving over 100 shoppers per month as of early 2021 and involves a minimum of 45 volunteers monthly. In addition, in late 2021 we partnered with St. Peter's Livingston Thift Shop now named the Heavenly Finds Thrift Shop, an outreach ministry of our congregation. To read more about the beginnings of this relationship, click here.
HEAVENLY FINDS THRIFT SHOP (September 2021 through June 2022) will have donated $58,000 to various programs:
In keeping with the vision and ministry of Heavenly Finds Thrift Shop, funding continues for various outreach programs. To date as we continue to focus on food insecurities and programs for youth, we have expanded our ministry to include other important programs.
- Church of the Holy Spirit, Verona - Food Pantry
- Livingston Neighbors Helping Neighbors CHOW - Food Pantry
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, West Orange - Christine’s Kitchen feeding program and pantry
- St. Peter’s Haven, Clifton - Food Pantry
- Essex RAIN Foundation
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline
- Youth Suicide Prevention Program - sponsor AFSP Out of Darkness Walk in October 2022
- North Porch – Mother and Infant Centers
- Good Grief – peer support and counseling for youth dealing with a death of a parent or sibling
- Livingston High School – 2 graduating seniors who showed outstanding volunteerism
- Verona’s Children Fund
- Verona Fire Department
- Verona Rescue Squad
- Hyacinth Foundation
- Diocese of Newark's Alleluia Fund
- Verona’s Celebration of Pets sponsored by Church of the Holy Spirit
- Verona UNICO Labor Day 5-K Classic Run
- Church of the Holy Spirit Rector’s Discretionary Fund
We also continue to contribute merchandise from the shop to the American Breast Cancer Society, R.E.A.D. Foundation, Mount Pleasant Animal Shelter, North Porch, The Day Workers’ Project (The Trinity Church in Livingston’s outreach program), as well as other needs that arise.